P90x Week 04: Day 01 - Yoga X - What happened to Shilleen?

I wish I had a better story to tell about why Shilleen didn't do Yoga X with me today; she actually had a legit excuse. She went to look after her grandma who lives about an hour away from us. Family needs will always come before any workout or goal. She'll be back with a vengeance on Wednesday.

What's it like without a workout buddy?
Is it harder to work out without Shilleen doing the exercises with me? I would imagine that 80-90% of people that do this workout do it solo, so my one day experience is probably lacking. Here's what I noticed:
- I had to consciously decide if I was going to workout today. I had to do all the setup, and push "play", Shilleen usually does all of that for me so I don't have to take time out of my work to do it
- once I started, I had to work at keeping discouraging thoughts out; like knowing that she probably isn't doing the exercises today, so why should I have to go all out?
- it was also a bit easier to slack off on some of the moves because she wasn't there to encourage me (aka watch me like a hawk so I cheat)

So what's my preference?
Do I prefer working out alone? Definitely not! Those of you that have to workout alone and stick to it, you are a better person than me. If you can find someone to workout with, I highly recommend it... so far :) I'll give an update in the end.

Here I am going solo for the first time:

0 comments:

Post a Comment