Week 3: Day 5 - P90X Kenpo x - Starring Mr. Grump

Saturdays are a bit different from the rest of the week. We tend to stay up a bit later on Friday night and sleep in on Saturday morning. Getting a late start doesn't always allow for a proper breakfast before working out, so for the last couple weeks we have been doing Kenpo x before we eat anything... is this a good thing to do? I have read some that say yes, and some that say no; here's what I have noticed:

I am starving!
During this "fat shredder" phase I notice when I wake up, I am ready to eat, immediately! If I ignore the hunger pains, shortly after I start working out the hunger pains seem to go away.

Where's the energy?
I don't know if it is because it is the last workout of the week, or if it is because I miss breakfast, but I seem to have less energy and feel a bit more fatigued during Kenpo. I don't even have it in me to do the "CHEEA!" yells... that's pretty weak.

Who's the grump?
From the time I wake up in the morning to when we are ready to workout, I am pretty irritable (if you don't believe it, just ask my family... they will tell you in great detail). I seem to have this issue when I'm hungry. You'd think because I recognize the problem I would realize when I'm in that situation and remedy it quickly with a snack... but I don't. I don't want to let my hunger win, so I make everyone else pay for it! Isn't it good for my body to go through a bit of starvation to get some results, or do I need therapy?

Conclusions
For the sake of my family having to be around Mr.Grump on Saturday mornings - I am going to eat before I workout, even if I have to get up a couple hours earlier to eat breakfast and then go back to bed. I suspect I will have more energy too... I'll let you know how it goes.

ENJOY THE STINKIN VIDEO!!! (sorry, I'd better eat something):

0 comments:

Post a Comment