Week 3: Day 4 - P90X Yoga X -Shrinking yoga block?

A few people I know who have tried yoga x complain that at about the 30-40 min mark they have had enough pain for one day and shut the operation down. I must admit I felt the same way when we first did this.

The reason for the impulse to quit is how the moving options build up to advanced moves, which I have yet to make it through; these moves involve balancing on one leg while touching your toe with one hand and the other straight up over your head... sound complicated? Trust me, it doesn't look any better in the video below (you'd better buy the videos yourself if you want to see how it's supposed to be done). If you can't touch your toes with two legs on the floor (like myself), the last moves are very hard. A yoga block is needed, although even with a yoga block I have difficulty. The block seems much smaller at the end of the moving options. I wish they made them taller... much taller... like waist-height!

If you are just starting out, I'll let you in on a little secret: you should know that the moving options only last for the first half of Yoga X (about 45min) - the rest is stretching and some balance postures which aren't as intense as the moving options. So, if you can struggle through the first half, the second half is more bearable.

Here is our best effort for today:

0 comments:

Post a Comment