Week 1: Day 2: Fat Shredder Phase Menu Planner Method

Fat Shredder Phase: Menu Planner Method.
We wanted to let everyone know what's it like to follow the Menu Planner Method. This method gives you a nutrition plan for the week with recipes.
It's Day 1 and I was Prepping and Cooking all day. I found that the main meals took a lot of prepping and cooking so I really was cooking all day. Literally I was!

For me I couldn't finish my breakfast....Here's pictures of what I ate today. I tried I really did but this is a lot of food. I'm thinking I'll probably have to adjust the caloric intake for me...come on seriously...I don't need 2400 calories a day.

Breakfast: before:



After:

An 8 egg white mushroom,cheese, and tomato omelet, 120z of 1% cottage cheese, and 1 Cup of mixed berries (strawberries and raspberries. This was too much for me...I really did try.... ***** I will make the omelet again it's a keeper.

Doggy Bag:


After workout recovery drink: P90X Recovery drink. It's worth every penny! Yummy Creamsilcle/orange julius drink. It's good. Make sure to drink it with very cold water. For a super smooth taste, give it a whirl with a hand blender.



I ate a P90X Peak Performance protein bar. I have never been into protein bars. But really, is there such thing as a good protein bar? If there is let me know. I'm on the hunt. ug! The Peanut butter one is alright. I like it because it's not too salty and not too sweet so that's a super bonus! There just wasn't any WOW! factor. Yes disappointing:( I was hoping there would be a wow factor because the P90X Recovery Drink definitely had a WOW factor!

Lunch: Chef Salad: I don't think I'll make this again well with the process meat since I'm not a fan of processed meat and it called for turkey and ham. I substituted artichokes for heart of palm because I didn't have access to them where we live in our little rural town. There was a nice variety of toppings: avocado, tomato, mozzarella, and the marinated artichokes. I would definitely make this salad again but with cooked chicken breast or canned tuna. Oh, and I couldn't finish it again...I'm guessing in a couple days I may have to reconsider adjusting my caloric intake. I have a funny feeling there will be a good chance that I"ll start gaining weight.

Supper: Red Pepper Soup with added protein powder It was good. Just a tip about the red pepper soup recipe is add a bit more liquid like water and either omit the thyme and cumin or add them by taste not according to the recipe because I made this soup a couple weeks ago just to taste some recipes and the measurements for the thyme and cumin were so overpowering, I couldn't taste the peppers. So this time that I made it I completely omitted those spices because I wanted to taste the yummy roasted red peppers. Although it was very yummy, I couldn't finish the 2 cups of soup that I was suppose to consume. Yes I will make this again, it's a keeper.

Salmon, wild and brown rice blend, and green beans. I liked this, it was good. I ended up putting some of the red pepper soup on top of my rice and that was yummy. There was a lemon-dill sauce that was from the menu planner that I made but it was way too lemony so we did not use it. Yes I will make this again! I'm sure Mike is cringing. He's not really into fish but fish is good for you! I'll try not to make it too much. Snack: For level II you can choose a double snack from the snack list. So I chose 30 pistashios. They were good. Looking forward to what Day 2 of the Fat Shredder Phase brings.



0 comments:

Post a Comment