P90X Day 01 Workout: The Real Story

Why is that whenever I try to accomplish a goal, I can expect the unexpected to happen. We wanted to do this work out regime by the book - doing exercises and eating all recommended meals and supplements to see if it really works. It was a challenging day, but we decided that we were going to start today no matter what.

Here are just a couple of things that happened:

No Supplements
We kind live out in the sticks, so our mail arrives a few days later than most. We had hoped to have them before we started, but after a week - they had not arrived. This is a bit discouraging because we wanted to do everything by the book.

Kids
Shilleen and I have done workouts in the past together - usually the kids hang around, do a few exercises and play with their toys... not today. Check out the video above, we had to take a break mid-way through the workout to referee a cage match between a 1 and 3 year old... it was a good tilt, I must admit.

Head ache
As you may have noticed in the video, I only lasted for about a half hour before I had to bail out with a headache. I know, what a sissy! I don't know what brought it on, but it wasn't getting any better by trying to push through - I'm hoping Tony's voice doesn't have the same effect as Mary Hart's did for that woman with epilepsy... only time will tell.

No Tripod

We recently purchased a new video camera so we could record our workouts, yet we didn't think that we would need something to hold it in place while we worked out. We spent a good 20 min deciding where to put that thing. We finally decided to balance it on some towels (piled on an angle), that were on top of a box lid, that was balanced on top of a 6ft tall lamp. Having a new camera on a tipsy lamp with 2 kids running around... the reasons for my headache are starting to come clear...

Is it just me, or does this sort of thing happen to you when you try accomplishing a goal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment