So, why are we video recording our workouts anyway?

That's a good question! It takes a long time (a least for novice video editors such as ourselves) to edit and format the video so it can be posted on the web... is it really worth it? I hope to answer this question below so when I am tempted to curse this camera and back my car over it - Shilleen will be able to point me to this post and perhaps reason will prevail.

Motivation
We couldn't think of any better motivation to ensure we do the exercises properly, consistently and to the best of our ability. Sure, the video is in fast-forward, but you can still get the idea if the technique is correct and or if we are "doggin it". Just the thought in the back of our minds that hundreds of thousands (ok, maybe 10 tops) are going to be looking at these videos and studying our every move -makes us try that extra bit harder.

Proof: We Believe in Showing Our Work
Shilleen comes from a math background where she was taught to always show her work - at the end of this program we what to be able to prove that we did every work out and did it to the best of our ability. Video doesn't lie... unless it is skillfully altered, which skill we don't have.

Remembering the Glory Days
Ok, we are both in our early 30's now, so the real glory days were a decade ago, but I know I'll be saying the same thing when I am in my 40's. At least when I am in my 40's I will have something to look back on, whereas right now I don't have anything to show for my 20's.

Remembering Accomplishing a Goal
By recording our attempt at accomplishing a goal - we hope that we will either learn from the failure, or use it as a spring-board to accomplish even greater goals together.

Report to accelerate improvement
I heard a quote that I believe: "When performance is measured performance improves. When performance is measured and reported the rate of improvement accelerates" - Thomas S Monson. Who would be better to report to than you? We hope we will have some good feedback and encouraging comments. We also recognize that there are some out there that may not be so kind - if this is you, all that we ask is for a generous monetary donation and you can say whatever you want. Encouragement is free, criticism will cost you.

Show Others they Can Do It
By showing exactly what we did with exercise and diet, we hope to help others to learn from our successes, and mistakes - and get even better results than we did. Let's face it, we aren't the typical "gym monkeys" that have all day to work out and look at themselves in the mirror. If we can do it, you can do it too.

Have you ever done something like this? What was your motivation?

Here is today's workout video:
Week 1: Day 02

0 comments:

Post a Comment