Week 1: Day 7: Fat Shredder Phase: Menu Plan Approach

I'll be glad when we are finished with the Menu Plan Approach. There is just way to much prep and so I'm looking forward to making double the meat at night so we can use it in a salad during the day.

Breakfast: We started off with the P90X protein shake. I had noticed yesterday when I had a protein shake I had a headache probably a couple hours later and the same thing happened to me today. So next time we have a shake I'm going to use the unflavoured protein powder and see if the same thing happens. I have a funny feeling that my body doesn't like the artificial flavoring agent in the chocolate protein powder that we have been using.

Lunch: We decided we wanted breakfast for lunch. So here it is, the P90X Cheese Scramble and turkey bacon I didn't like the cheese scramble. The amount of cheese that it called for in comparison to the number of egg whites, it came out of the pan like a cheese blob, not fluffly eggs and also, it lacked in flavor. So personally if I was to make a cheese scramble I would use a little of low-fat cheddar and parmesan, add a little green onion and salt (probably wouldn't need it because of the cheese) and pepper to those egg whites and voila! yumminess! I'll let you know when I've tried this. Picture of Mike's lunch (1C milk, 1C low sodium v8 juice, 4 slices of turkey bacon and the cheese scramble).

P90X Cheese Scramble
Snacks: I had yogurt with sliced almonds in it. I will definitely have that again. We didn't have any recovery drinks because it's our rest day from exercising.


Supper: P90X Turkey Burgers with P90X coleslaw and leftover quinoa. I like the turkey burgers (ground turkey, bread crumbs, buttermilk, green onions, parsley, dijon mustard, worcestershire and pepper). When I was pan frying them, I noticed they browned quite quickly so be advised to cook them at the highest medium in a pan because it browned quicker then it cooked. They were good though. We will definitely have them again, but the non-fat swiss cheese slices were not good and Mike ended up scraping his off (shown below) and having a glass of milk instead. Then when I cooked my burger I just left the cheese off. The P90X coleslaw (green and red cabbage, jicama, red onion, apple. dressing: fat-free mayo, vinegar, fructose, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and suppose to be caraway seed)was very good..unfortunately I had to use celery seeds instead of caraway seeds. I will definitely make it again!

Well one more day to go with the Menu Plan Approach and then I'll be going to the Portion Approach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment