Week 1: Day 3: Fat Shredder Phase Menu Planner

What's for breakfast? A P90X Protein Shake: skim milk, protein powder, berries, banana and ice. It's good, this recipe is a keeper.


 P90X protein shake
After our mid-morning workout: 120z of P90X Recovery Drink and 1 P90X protein bar. I really like the recovery drink. It feels like I'm indulging it's so good. As for the protein bars, I still don't like them but I'll choke them down because we have them and it's part of the Meal Menu Plan.


Lunch: Shrimp Stirfry: I have to admit right now that I had a little melt down while making lunch..I usually don't ever have to prepare lunch because we always eat supper leftovers for lunch. So for me I wouldn't choose the Menu Planner Method, I would choose the Portion Approach Method. It took me over an hour and a half to make this. I had to cut up all the vegetables for Mike and myself. I had to peel all the shrimp too and to my surprise one bag of shrimp wasn't enough so I had to get another bag of shrimp, thaw that out so that was more time. Also, it's like I'm cooking two different meals at the same time because both of ours require different measurements of ingredients. So I had two bowls one for me and one for Mike when I was prepping and measuring all the raw ingredients. Then I have to cook them separately as well. P90X Cashew Shrimp Stirfry I ate half of it, then ate the other half about a half an hour later. I'm finding that I'm not eating all the portions so I'm thinking I maybe drop down to Level I or meet into between Level I and Level II. I would make this again for supper with some brown rice or maybe even brown basmati rice. I liked the variety of veggies in it, red onion, broccoli, snow peas, muchsrooms, bell pepper (your choice:red, green, yellow) and water chestnuts but I didn't put them in because I don't like water chestnuts. It had a nice sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and chicken broth. I'd probably put crushed red peppers in it to add some heat next time and use chicken and shrimp for some variety.


Snacks: I have one double snack. I like the single snack options better (so I can choose two)...so I went for the celery sticks and peanut butter and then later 1C of cottage cheese.


Supper: I made the butternut squash recipe as written and surprise it only made two cups....so I gave that to Mike...unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it. The flavor was mellow. I really liked being able to taste the squash. I will make it again because butternut squash is so yummy. The garlic didn't over-power the squash at all. There was some red pepper soup leftovers from yesterday so I was able to eat that. Also, I don't think my body likes have the extra protein powder in the soup. I get really bloated. I just made what was written and I know for fact that the Menu Planner forgot the carb. So for all of you going to make your turkey, gravy, green bean and soup dinner, don't forget to add a carb of you choice from the carb list. Yes we found out the hard way, and we got hungry mid-evening. The gravy....it tasted like something was missing. Maybe it was the fat...ahahahhaha. No really just add some pepper, maybe just a tad of garlic...or maybe just more onion and it would be better. I'll definitely try making it again! I'll let you know what I add.

P90X Gravy

0 comments:

Post a Comment