Week 1: Day 6: Fat Shredder Phase: Menu Plan Approach

It's Day 6 to date since we have started exercising and we are on our 5th day of the Fat Shredder Phase. So here it is:

Breakfast: P90X protein Shake.

Afterworkout: P90X Recovery Drink and protein bar.

Lunch: Steak and Arugula Salad. We skipped the Arugula and used Romaine lettuce instead. There's tomatoes, artichokes, steak strips, and balsamic vinaigrette. We both found that the vinaigrette had too much balsamic vinegar in it. All we could taste was the balsamic vinegar and there were other ingredients like dijon, shallots, basil that would have been nice to taste. We will try this again though and modify the vinaigrette.

P90X Steak and Argula Salad Supper: Chicken Breast, P90X Honey-Chile Sauce, quinoa, and snap peas with a little corn since I didn't have enough peas. This is the first time I've had quinoa and thoroughly enjoyed it and it cooks so quickly (under 15 minutes). The honey-chile sauce is great and I prefer it warm then cold. We used a little of the sauce on the quinoa and we will definitely make it again. This is Mike's Supper here. This is my leftovers: I'm still noticing I'm not able to finish everything at dinner time. I started off with 6-7oz of chicken, 1c of quinoa and 1 C of veggies. Too much, but delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment