Week 1: Day 4: Fat Shredder Phase Menu Plan Approach

Breakfast started off great! Thanks to Mike. He made breakfast today. Turkey Bacon, Chicken Egg Scramble and some fresh OJ. Sorry for the remnant shot, we were so hungry we forgot to take a picture. It was good. We agreed that for Mike's scramble that 4 oz of parmesan was unnecessary so he sprinkled it in the pan and same with mine..

P90X Chicken Scramble

After our mid-morning workout: 12oz of P90X Recovery Drink and 1 P90X protein bar. I'm still liking the recovery drink. Again, the peanut butter protein bar isn't working out for me. I'm just choking it down. Mike has the P90Xchocolate fugde protein bar and I'm starting to sway towards that way. The one thing that is going for that flavor is that it has crunchy pieces in it, which personally I think it has better texture. The P90X peanut butter protein bar I'm chewing away on it like bubble gum. I think I will try putting it in the fridge to see if that makes a difference.

For Lunch: Chicken Salad..It's a keeper. Cut-up poached chicken with low-fat mayo, dijon mustard, green onion, black pepper, some dill and celery...We'll try it again.



Snacks: I personally like having cottage cheese because it really feels like it is filling me up, so that's what I had today accompanied by a yougurt. Mike is alloted two double snacks, he loves pistachios so he picks those from the double list and then he usually choses two single snacks.

Supper: Well it was suppose to be halibut, pesto sauce, wild rice and zucchini ( so when I go to urbanville I will hunt down some halibut and make this supper). I had no access to halibut, so I purchased frozen tuna steaks. Since I was using a different fish I thought tzatziki sauce would work better for the sauce....all non-fat ingredients. I was able to make the vegetable soup and we added the protein powder and my conclusion of bloating when adding protein powder to my soup was definitely witnessed again so from this point on I will not do that. The soup needs some extra spices, so when I make it again...I'll let you know what I did differently. For a carb, we had a whole grain pita, this was the best part of the meal.


All in all, this dinner didn't turn out spectuacular...the tuna steaks were awful, they were very fishy, we couldn't even choke them down. I've had a great tuna steak at a restaurant and it was not like this one at all. So moral of the story, will only buy fresh tuna steak if my husband will let me, which is highly unlikely, because he's not into fish at all and after this experience will probably never want me to buy any kind of fish ever again!!! hehehehhehehe.



Doggy Bags:Mike and I couldn't finish the fish, it really was that bad...it can only get better from here, right?



0 comments:

Post a Comment