Week 2: Day 3: Fat Shredder: Portion Approach

Breakfast: Oh yummy, it is what you see. I went all out this morning. The kids love waffles so I made them and yes they are 100% whole wheat waffles. I was raised on theis delicious healthy breakfast wonder. One 100% whole wheat waffle topped with yogurt and 1 fruit portion for the day. So I measured 1/2 C berries and 1/2 banana. No sugar was added and yes it was still delicious. Mike had the same.
Part II of breakfast: We need some portein. So I had two servings of protein. Turkey bacon and cottage cheese since I'm not really into eggs that often and when I am it's usually the P90X mushroom omelet. Mike had a mushroom scramble with turkey bacon to get his protein in for the day.

Afterworkout recovery: Still enjoying the P90X recovery drink.
Here's Lunch: It's called Clean out the fridge salad. Romaine lettuce, leftover coleslaw which served two purposes: one for the veggie content and two for the dressing. I didn't have to add any extra dressing to it. Last, the leftover cooked meat... there was a little of chicken and a little of tenderloin pork. I topped it off with a handful of chopped almonds and it was pretty good. However, I didn't really like mixing the chicken and pork together. They don't really belong together.... oh yes and I always top it off with fresh ground pepper.
Snacks: Well, Mike loves his 30 pistachios and I love cottage cheese, and oh yes the mandatory P90X protein bar....I'm looking for other options because I'm not liking them at all please somebody help??????? What's the best protein bar????
Supper: P90X Mango-Ginger Sauce (mango, tomato, red onion, ginger, lime juice, brown sugar, and vinegar), chicken, asparagus, and brown basmati rice. So this sauce was meant for fish...but I used chicken instead. I sprinkled cilantro on top since this mango-ginger sauce really needed some green added to it. It definitely would taste good on fish and I'm going to modify this sauce next time and use a jalepeno (instead of ginger) to make it a salsa for the chicken. Mike is missing his butter. Tonight at supper, he mentioned that he'd like some butter on his asparagus. Too bad honey, we are fat shredding the fat. No butter.!


Oh what will we eat tomorrow??!!!! I was thinking ground turkey tacos.....with homemade salsa that I've made. yum yum yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment