Week 2: Day 1 Fat Shredder Phase Meal Menu Approach

Breakfast: P90X Spinach Scramble, with a cup of milk and 6oz of orange juice. Just a quick note: cook the spinach first then toss the tomatoes just to warm (I added just a pinch of garlic powder) then take them out and make the scrambled eggs then add the veggie mixture and feta last. In the pic below the tomatoes were cooked too long. It had a nice flavor. I just find that most of the recipes have to be tweaked but that's okay. Everyone tends to have their own taste for things.



After workout: P90X Recovery Drink and protein bar.

Lunch: P90X Tuna Salad (shredded carrot, lemon juice, lemon rind, celery, low-fat mayo, green onion, a couple sprinkles of celery seed)and a yogurt. Make sure to add some crushed red pepper to add some heat. The recipe called for too much lemon so try fresh lemon juice to taste. I will make a tweaked version of this tuna salad again because I love tuna salad.

Snacks: My favorite cottage cheese. I had some whole almonds at a different time.

Supper: P90X Lemon-Garlic Chicken, Bok Choy, Carrots and a blend of wild rices. Once again, the lemon recipes seems a little too lemony for my liking, but I have to say I love chicken thighs and Mike and I were a little surprised that they were in this recipe. OH yum, yum, yum!


0 comments:

Post a Comment