Fat Shredder Week 2: Day 2 Portion Approach Method

The Portion Approach Method:hip, hip hooray. Now I will pick and choose what and when we'll have our food.

Breakfast: P90X protein shake (1 dairy, 1 fruit, and protein requirement) I tried it with unflavored whey powder and added vanilla. It wasn't that good but I didn't get a headache so I'm on the search for an economical whey powder that tastes good and that doesn't have Acesulfame Potassium artificial sweetener, as it gives me headaches.

After workout recovery drink: Of course the P90X recovery drink. This time we tried putting it in the blender and adding lots of ice..It was yummy if you're up for a super cold drink.

Lunch: BBQ chicken salad (protein, 2 servings of veggies lettuce, tomato, cucumber). Mike had a glass of milk (1 dairy) and I had a yogurt (1 dairy). Last night we had lemon chicken thighs so I took out an extra package of chicken thighs for lunch and put bbq sauce for marinating. This morning I cooked them and they cooled while were working out. We chose to use fat-free caesar dressing and the dressing was not good. It definitely was missing some flavor...so I added extra pepper to my salad to make it somewhat palatable.


Mid afternoon snacks: P90X protein bar. Later on, mike goes for his 30 pistashios and me for a handful of almonds.

Supper: P90X Beef and Broccoli Stirfry ( soy sauce, red onion, garlic, beef, broccoli, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and noodles). I didn't have soba noodles, something I still can't find but I did a little research and found out soba noodles are made from whole wheat flour so voila whole wheat spagetti was a great substitute. I would decrease the rice vinegar down to 1 tablespoon and add some sesame seeds to top it off. I really liked it with noodles. Even the kids gobbled it down like crazy. For me, the taste wasn't spectacular and my taste buds were finding that there was something missing, perhaps fat-free beef broth would give it a bit more umph.....and let us not forget, bring out the crushed red chili peppers. How about Hoisin sauce????hmmm not sure, it might be ladened with sugar.
What food will tomorrow bring???? I know for me..........can you say waffles, it's on the list and I'm going to have one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment